Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs -The big taste of bacon and robust flavor of Cheddar cheese add a zesty flair to these company-ready Bacon and Cheddar Deviled Eggs. Deviled eggs is my go-to picnic potluck dish, and thesebacon cheddar deviled eggs are always a hit. With summer just around the corner, there are sure to be lots of backyard gatherings that call for the perfect deviled eggs. I hope this recipe tempts your tastebuds!!!
- 12 HARD-BOILED EGGS, peeled and cut in half lengthwise, with yolks removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (1 oz.)
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives OR green onion tops
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks to medium bowl.
- Reserve 20 white halves. Finely chop remaining 4 white halves.
- Mash yolks with fork. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice and pepper and mix it well.
- Now adding chopped egg whites, bacon, cheese and chives, mix well.
- Fill egg white halves with yolk mixture and place on serving platter.
- Garnish with reserved bacon and chives. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note – Easy 12-Minute Method for Hard-Boiled Eggs: Place eggs in a saucepan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add cold water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Heat over high heat just to boiling. Remove from burner. Cover pan. Let eggs stand in hot water for about 12 minutes for large eggs (9 minutes for medium eggs; 15 minutes for extra large). Drain. Shock the eggs in a bowl of ice water to cool them immediately. Hard-boiled eggs are easiest to peel right after cooling.