BOMBAY OMELETTE, A crazy-paving omelette of chopped tomato, onion, coriander and green chilli. Served with grilled tomato and Fire Toast. Grab a taste of India with this masala omelette recipe that will become a go-to dish for you and your family because of its punchy flavours and simplicity. A famous street food of Mumbai which is available at all corners, joints of mumbai even during wee hours of night . One of the easy breakfast recipes in India is Masala Omelette.Masala Omelette is an Indian version where spices and herbs like onion, chilies, chili powder etc are used. Our family enjoys eggs and we eat them on a regular basis. A version of the basic omelette that is much loved in our home is, Masala omelette. Makes for a quick breakfast and a filling one at that. If you are looking for a refreshing change from the monotonous omelette routine, try out today’s omelette recipe. The Indian style of making the basic omelette includes the use of turmeric powder, onions and green chilies. I have gone one step further, threw in some vegetables and a pinch of garam masala. It changes the flavor profile of the masala omelette by leaps and bounds. Masala Omelette is a Versatile Indian Breakfast simply made with Eggs, Onion, Tomato and Flavorful Spices. Bombay Omelette is one of the quickest and tastiest recipe for breakfast with toasted bread slices.
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 small tomato, deseeded and diced
- Half of a small onion, diced
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- A small green chilli, finely chopped
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of cracked pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- Break the eggs into a clean bowl and whisk until the yolk and white are combined.
- Mix in all the remaining ingredients ensuring an even consistency.
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan until it bubbles. Do not let the butter burn.
- Add the egg mixture and cook for a few minutes on each side until the egg is fully cooked and has a golden brown colour.
- Roll up the omelette, Cut into small pices and serve with roasted cherry tomatoes and naan bread or toast.