Chilli Cheese Corn Toasties – cheese chilli corn toast recipe with step by step – a simple and easy toast recipe that can be made for a quick breakfast and snack. A filling snack that is an ideal choice when your kids come home hungry from school or suddenly some guest come to your home. They are sure to love the gooey, cheesy mixture interspersed with mildly sweet corn. This is a quick snack dish that you can prepare in no time and serve as breakfast or evening snacks or even starters. Chilli cheese toast as its name suggest is a toast made from cheese and Chilli spread on top. This is an Indian version of veg Chilli cheese toast.
For the toast:
- 6 – 8 bread slices
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Chopped coriender leaves
For the white sauce-vegetable spread :
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon maida/all purpose flour
- 1.5 cup milk, boiled and cooled
- 2 teaspoons grated cheese
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels, boiled
- ½ green bell pepper (Capsicum), finely chopped
- 1 small onion,finely chopped
- 4-5 Cloves garlic, finely chopped (optinal)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper powder
- 1.5 cups Milk
Method : –
- Crush boiled sweet corn in the small chutney jar of your mixer little at a time. You want this to be roughly crushed and not a paste.
- In a pan, heat butter and 1tbsp oil.
- Add onion, capsicum, crushed sweet corn and salt. cook it for 3-4 minutes on high flame.
- When the corn starts sticking to the pan, add the flour and salt it for another minute.
- Add luke warm milk and continuously stir with a kitchen spoon to avoid forming any lumps.
- Let it come to a boil and immediately add grated cheese, stir and let it simmer on low flame.
- Stir with a spoon till it starts changing colour. Add finely chopped green chillies.
- Add oregano, chilli flakes, pepper, salt as per taste and let it boil on high flame till it is little thick. Do not cook it to a point where it becomes very thick.
- Now turn off the gas ans cool down at room tempraure.
- You will notice that as it cools down, the consistency of the mixture becomes thicker.
- Toast bread slices till they are golden crisp.
- Spread the corn mixture generously, sprinkle your preference of garnish & bake for 2-3mins in the oven at 180°C
- In case you do not have an oven alternatively you can toast it on a non stick pan with the lid on.
- Sprinkle coriender leaves and bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut each slice diagonally into two or four pieces & serve hot with ketchup.