Halibut with Fennel , Peppers, and Tomatoes looking so colourful in presentation, yummy in eating. this i s complete in 5 steps which is given you under below and share your experience in comments box.
Ingredients : –
- 4 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- Leaves from 1 sprig rosemary
- Leaves from 2 stems oregano
- Leaves from 2 stems basil
- Leaves from 2 stems thyme
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons plus olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, cored and sliced
- 4 Roma (plum) tomatoes, halved lengthwise and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley (to garnish)
- 1 lemon, quartered (to garnish)
Method : –
- Prep the fish: Preheat the oven to 425° F. Place the halibut fillets on a large plate and season both sides with salt and pepper. Sprinkle each fillet with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Prep the herbs and Panko: Combine the herbs on a cutting board and coarsely chop. In a small bowl, combine the Panko, 2 teaspoons of the oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Cook the vegetables: In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it begins to soften. Add the fennel and bell pepper slices, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives, and the chopped herbs. Cook for 3 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bakethe fish: Place the fish fillets on top of the vegetables in the skillet. Sprinkle each fillet with 2 tablespoons of the Panko mixture. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 6 minutes. Check the fish: if the panko is browning too quickly, place a piece of aluminum foil loosely on top of the fish.
Bake another 6 to 9 minutes (12 to 15 minutes total), until the center of the fish is opaque when probed with a small knife. If you have an instant read thermometer, the temperature of the center of the fish should register a 135°F.
Serve: Divide the vegetables between four plates and top each plate with a fish fillet. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.