Kesar Badam Halwa is a delicious dessert. This Kesar Badamhalwa is one such recipe.A melt in mouth Almond fudge enriched with cashew nuts and flavored with kesar and elaichi, treat yourself with D Damodar’s special Kesar Badami Halwa! The fudge topped with saffron and nuts does add a little crunch and a sweet aroma to this dessert. This is perfect sweet to prepare at any festive occasions.Dishes with very simple ingredients are the most difficult to make. This is one such dish. Its all about the technique for Badam Halwa . This Badam Halwa has Almonds, Ghee, Sugar, saffron and little milk. That’s about it. But when these ingredients cooked in a right way can transform into something genius.
- Almonds 1 cup (soaked & peeled)
- Sugar 1/2 cup or to taste
- Ghee 4 tbsp
- Saffron 10-15 soaked in warm milk
- Green Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Milk to grind almond
- Yellow Food Color 1-2 drop (optional)
- Soak almonds overnight and then peeled almond .Put the peeled almonds in a blender and add milk so it can enough to cover almonds.Blend it into a coarse paste or fine paste indiviual choice .i like coarse one.
- Heat a pan add 2 tbsp ghee once ghee melts add badam grind mixture keep stirring continuously to avoid burning from bottom.
- Add sugar then Constantly stir the mixture as it can stick burn from bottom. Add Saffron milk & food color into it & additional 2 tbsp of ghee so that mixture doesn’t stick to bottom & while its boiling.once mixture start leaving ghee stir for 2- 3 minutes.turn off heat.
- Take out in a bowl Garnish with sliced almonds.Serve & enjoy.
- Yellow food color is optional.
- 30-40 minutes it will take to cook Halwa on low temperature.need patience to cook.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.