Spinach Feta Cheese Tomato omelet – Egg white omelette stuffed with spinach, tomato, and feta cheese is an easy and filling way to start the day. Dish up a little Mediterranean flavor at your next brunch with this Spinach, Feta, and Tomato Omelet.
Prep Time – 13 min
Cook Time – 12 min
Total Time – 25 min
Serves – 2
Spinach Feta Cheese Tomato omelet Ingredients
- 2 medium plum tomatoes
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- 2 c. baby spinach leaves
- 8 large eggs
- ½ c. water
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. margarine or butter
- Toasted country-style bread (optional)
- Chop tomatoes. Crumble feta cheese. Thinly slice spinach leaves.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Place 4 dinner plates in oven to warm. In medium bowl, place eggs, water, salt, and black pepper. With fork, beat 25 to 30 quick strokes to blend mixture without making it fluffy. (Overbeating toughens the proteins in the whites.)
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, melt 1 1/2 teaspoons margarine on medium. When margarine stops sizzling, pour or ladle 1/2 cup egg mixture into skillet.
- After egg mixture begins to set around edges, about 25 to 30 seconds, with heat-safe spatula, carefully push cooked egg from side of skillet toward center, so uncooked egg can reach bottom of hot skillet. Repeat 8 to 10 times around skillet, tilting as necessary, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Cook until omelet is almost set but still creamy and moist on top. Place skillet handle facing you, and layer one-fourth of crumbled feta, spinach leaves, and chopped tomatoes over half of each omelet.
- With spatula, fold unfilled half over filling.
- Shake pan gently to loosen any egg or filling from edge, then slide omelet to edge of skillet.
- Holding skillet above warm plate, tip skillet so omelet slides onto plate. Keep warm in oven.
- Repeat with remaining margarine, egg mixture, tomatoes, spinach, and feta to make 4 omelets in all.
- Serve with toast and a mixed greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette if you like.