Stuffed Dum Aloo :This is a very easy but tasty recipe. Fried Potatoes are filled with Paneer and Dry fruits simmered in smooth and creamy gravy is indeed one of the most popular dish in the north Indian restaurants.Gravy is made from cashews and Tomatoes and potatoes are filled with paneer and dry fruits.
- 4 Large Boiled Potato
- 1/4 tsp cumin seed
- 2-3 black pepper
- 1 or 2 Cassia leaf (tejpan ke patte)
- 1 small piece Cinnamon stick (dalchini)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (ilaychi) powder
- 1 tbsp sugar (or as required)
- 11/4 tsp salt (or as required)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander (dhaniya) powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
For Stuffing :-
- 3-4 tbsp shredded Paneer
- 1-2 tbsp chopped cashews(Kaju)
- 1-2 tbsp sweet Raisins or dried Graps
- A pinch of salt
For Gravy :-
- 3 Medium sizeTomato finely chopped
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger piece finely chopped
- 4 tbsp cashew(kaju) finely chopped
For Garnishing :-
- Coriander leaves
- Some shredded Paneer
Stuffed Dum Aloo Method :-
- Peel boiled potatoes and cut in to two pieces.
- Now take a pan . Add 3 tbsp oil .
- With the help of fork the potatoes. .Put the pieces of potato into medium hot oil and shallow fry on medium gas until it become light brown in color .(It will take 6-8 minutes)
- Take out on absorbent paper.
- Now For stuffing we have to with the help of scooper.
(Do it carefully otherwise it can be broken)
- Please don’t waste that rest part of potatoes.(We will use it for filling …it is optional)
- Add paneer, cashews & raisins to left out potatoes and mix well. Your stuffing is ready.
- Now stuffed the potatoes with that mixture
Prepration for gravey :-
- Heat one tea spoon oil in a pan . Add cumin seed , black pepper ,Cassia leaf and cinnamon stick. Stir it for few seconds.
- Add tomato , green chili , ginger , cashews (kaju) and 1/2 cup water and Boil it for 10 minutes on medium gas .
- After it cools down , make puree.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.(You can use same pan in which you have fried potatoes earlier)
- Add cumin seed. when it cracks add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and stir for few seconds. Add puree and cook it for 6-8 minutes on medium gas.
- Add thin Yogurt. cook it more 2-3 minutes. Add milk and water cook it more for 3-4 minutes. Add salt , sugar, Garam masala and mix it well. Add stuffed potatoes and cover and cook it for 3-4 minutes on medium gas. Add Cardamon powder and cover with lid.
- Turn off the gas.
Garnish with cilantro and paneer.
Serve hot with Paranthas or Naan
- Potatoes should not be over boiled otherwise it will break easily.
- Instead of shallow frying , you can also do deep fry.
- while scooping, scoop carefully.
- you can also add coconut powder in stuffing.
- You can also add cream for make creamy gravy.